Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mango Peach Shake and Blueberry Shake

       Even though we've had a mild summer so far, a shake still sounded good to me.  Since I can't order them out because almost every establishment puts some dairy product in them, I decided to make my own.  In the coming weeks I'll be sharing some of the recipes I came up with, but feel free to experiment.  As my base I used the Silk brand which now makes three Fruit and Protein Juice Blends in three fruit flavors:  mango peach, strawberry banana, and mixed berry.  I've tried all three and they taste good enough to drink on their own and  as a base for a shake they add a nice flavor.  If you have trouble finding them at your usual grocery store, try a health food store or substitute lactose free milk.
     You will also note that I'm beginning to add pictures to my blog.  It is my goal to have a picture for each recipe.  I've always been disappointed with cookbooks that didn't have pictures and didn't want my recipes to be without pictures.  I'm getting better at taking the pictures, and my husband, in addition to being my taste guinea pig is now my technical consultant.

                                                             Mango Peach Shake

 Makes 1 shake-about 2 cups
4 small scoops mango or peach sorbet
1/2 cup peeled and chopped mango or peach or combination
3/4 cup Silk Fruit and Protein Mango Peach flavor

     Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined.  Pour into a glass and enjoy.

                                                              Blueberry Shake


 

Makes 1 shake - about 1 3/4 cups
4 small scoops lactose free vanilla ice cream
1 cup Silk Fruit and Protein Mixed Berry flavor
2 tblsp. fresh or frozen blueberries

     Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined.  Pour into a glass and enjoy.
     Next week I'll share my recipe for chicken and wild rice salad.  See you then.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment