Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SoCal Mama-Cocktail without Alcohol

     This recipe was madeup by my son-in-law Mike and used with his permission.  He is quite the drink mixer and has been very helpful to me in finding foods I can eat even though he doesn't have any of the issues I have.  On a recent visit he was determined to make something for me to drink other than water.  We began at the juice aisle of the grocery store and we put every juice I could drink in the cart.  When we got home he began working with them.  The following is what he came up with.  It's nice when everyone else has something to drink and you can't even have a soda now you can have something too.

                                                             SoCal Mama
                                                 


6 oz. banana juice
6 oz. mango juice
3 oz.Coco Lopez
1 1/2 oz. almond syrup
6 dashes Angostura Bitters

     Blend with three cups of ice.  Pour into three to four glasses.  Garnish fresh nutmeg on each drink and a sprig of fresh mint.
     Next week I will be sharing my recipe for cherry almond muffins.  See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment