Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chicken and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes in Red Wine Sauce

     This isn't a very original idea for a recipe.  I saw it on a menu at a restaurant, but of course I couldn't order it there, I had to go home and make it for myself.  The result was improved by the fact that I was able to use fresh rosemary.  I grow my own but if you can't find fresh rosemary at the grocery store, you can use dried.

                            Chicken and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes in Red Wine Sauce
                          
                                                                                        
Potatoes:
1 potato washed and cut in bite size wedges
1 tblsp. olive oil
1/4  tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 sprig fresh rosemary, washed and leaves removed from stem or
    1 tsp. dried rosemary
     Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Put all ingredients in a plastic bag.  Seal the bag and shake until the potatoes are covered with the oil and spices.  Empty the bag on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable spray and bake for 20-25 min.  Check to make sure potatoes to not overbake.

Chicken:
1 chicken breast
1/2 cup red wine of choice
salt and pepper to taste
     Flour, salt and  pepper chicken and brown on both sides.  Add wine and simmer until chicken is cooked through.  When the potatoes are done, add them to the pan and continue to cook until the wine reduces by half.  Add more wine if necessary.
     This recipe serves one.  Multiply quantities by the number of people being served.
     Next weeks recipe is a version of eggplant parmesan.  I've been hungry for this for a long time but couldn't figure out how make it so I could eat it.  I made some adjustments and next week I'll share the result.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment