Monday, April 15, 2013

Pumpkin Pudding

     My son is not a fan of any dessert with cream cheese in it.  Since my favorite desserts were cheesecakes, that was always my go to desserts when we had company.  I always felt like he was left out because he wasn't having dessert.  (Yes, I know I spoiled my children.)  So I came up with this dessert that I could make in a hurry and he loved.  He  would eat pumpkin anything and doesn't think you should just have it between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

                                                           Pumpkin Pudding

1 3.4 oz. pkg. instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
1 3/4 cups lactose free milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. brown sugar

     Make pudding mix as directed using lactose free milk.  Blend in the pumpkin, spice, and brown sugar.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Top with nondairy whipped topping and a sprinkling of nutmeg if desired.
     Next week I will share my recipe for buttermilk dill biscuits.  I know you are thinking buttermilk?  But I promise there is a way to do this which won't bother those who are lactose intolerant.  See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment