Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hungarian Goulash

     Hungarian goulash is one of my daughter's favorite dishes but when she made it my insides felt like they were on fire.  I had to find a way I could enjoy the dish and not want to call the fire department.  I managed to do this by using dried onions and reducing the paprika and cloves.  The goulash is still flavorful but not overpowering.

                                                            Hungarian Goulash

2 lb. London broil, cut in 1 inch cubes.
2 cups beef broth
1 1/2 tsp. dried onions
1 1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4  tsp. pepper
1/4  tsp. salt
2 bay leaves
3 whole OR
   1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 pkg. noodles, cooked

     After beef is cut incubes, lightly flour and brown in oil.  Add broth and dried onion to beef in skillet along with seasonings.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.  Add more liquid if necessary.(Instead of simmering in a skillet, you may cook in a crock pot.) Remove bay leaf and whole cloves before serving.  Serve over noodles that have been cooked to package directions.

     Next time I will share my recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  If you ask ten people for their recipe for chocolate chip cookies, they will tell you their's is the best.  I won't say mine is the best, but I will say I have worked for several years to refine my recipe.  If you are lactose intollerant you can't use butter, so I have worked to refine my recipe so I can make a delicious cookie with no butter and dairy free chocolate chips.  Your cookie can be soft and chewy or crisp and crunchy.  Everyone gets what they want.  See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment