Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Caramel Almond Milk Shake

     This is my second in a series of milk shakes.  While it won't help when you are out with family and friends and they all order a milk shake, at least you know you can make one when you get home.  The recipe has some similarites to the chocolate milk shake and you can see between the two that you can be very creative and add different flavorings, ground nuts, fruit, etc.  I have tried making the milk shakes in the blender and with a stick blender and I like the stick blender better because the ingredients are combined and the ice cream hasn't completely melted giving it more the consistency of a milk shake.

                                                         Caramel Almond Milk Shake

3 tblsp. caramel flavored syrup for coffee
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 cups lactose free vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup lactose free milk
1/4 cup non-dairy whipped topping

     Put all ingredients except non-dairy whipped topping in a deep mixing bowl and blend with a stick blender or put ingredients in a blender and blend just until combined.  Gently fold in the whipped topping and pour into a tall glass.  Garnish with extra whipped topping, a cherry, and almonds if desired.  Makes one large or two small servings.
     Next week I will share some research my son-in-law Mike has been doing for me.  He is always on the lookout for food I can eat and is currently expanding the types of cheeses lactose intolerant people can eat.  I must say that so far it has had a possitive impact on my life and I hope it does for yours as well.  See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment